Mix It Up

26 Jan

Mixing and Matching Floral Prints - San Francisco and New York Fashion and Style Blogger

Been a long-time a fan of mixing and matching, but this editorial really sparked a whole new level of obsession with the trend. How rad are all of the different textures, prints, and colors?! Not to mentioned that messy pink hair. Oh. YES.

Some pieces that I am now officially inspired to buy…

Marni silk crepe blouse :: Yigal Azrouel cutout skirt :: Equipment printed shirt

Equipment printed dress :: Alexander Wang cropped shrug :: Michael Kors leather wedges

Topshop pointed ballet flats :: Tibi printed skirt :: B Bryan Atwood fringe sandals

20 Lovely Comments on “Mix It Up”

1. Labella Luxe 03. Feb, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Love all the shoes!

2. Redheaded Daybook 30. Jan, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

i am in love with that white and black skirt.
    serious cute.

3. Robyn Sears 29. Jan, 2012 at 6:30 pm #

I love that editorial, although the photo trickery in that last pic kind of makes my head want to explode. Love the two skirts you picked for the trend.

4. Sara 28. Jan, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Oh my God! These pictures are absolutely delicious! I so much love your style! all those garments are to die for!

5. Jess 27. Jan, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

gorgeousss i love the pretty pink hair, she looks like a beautiful fairy elf girl haha. and great picks!!

hapatime.blogspot.com

6. LaModeOperandi 27. Jan, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

The floral graphics are beautiful, so interesting to look at!

7. Britt+Whit 27. Jan, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

love all the prints! cant wait to incorporate those into my wardrobe! love the editorial!

love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

8. Nicole @ Giraffelegs 27. Jan, 2012 at 11:12 am #

Lime green hues are so fun.

p.s. Is it just me or have I been seeing cotton candy inspired hair color pop up everywhere!?

9. lauren christine 27. Jan, 2012 at 10:54 am #

absolutely amazing!!! loveeee this, and love your blog!!! x0x0 new follower on here and bloglovinnnn :)
    Golden White Décor

10. Santina 27. Jan, 2012 at 10:45 am #

I am literally obsessed with the hair! Makes me miss the pops of color I was putting in my hair for a while…hmmm….

Love those wedges!

I know, right?!! Now I want to die my whole head pink! Or maybe just part of it. :)

11. monkeyshines 27. Jan, 2012 at 9:17 am #

loving the bold color and print mix!

Bises,
    monkeyshines

12. fashionablecollections 27. Jan, 2012 at 7:03 am #

a) I cannot get enough of this editorial. b) love EVERYTHING you chose here.

Collections

13. Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie 27. Jan, 2012 at 6:50 am #

I’m doing a 10 day fashion challenge and the prompt for today is mixing prints – so this couldn’t have come at a better time. Thanks for the inspiration!

Such a fun/creative idea! Love what you are doing with the fashion challenge, just checked it out on your blog. :)

Glad to hear the post was helpful! xx

14. Ty Palmer 27. Jan, 2012 at 2:03 am #

The hue of blue on those shoes at the bottom of the page (tiny heel and bigger heel) is exactly what my girl is looking for. Thank you! Now I’m the hero!

15. stella 27. Jan, 2012 at 1:52 am #

Nice pics!

16. mandy @ in the fashion lane 27. Jan, 2012 at 1:37 am #

YOU could totally pull this off. I don’t think I could. There are some amazing pieces I would wear but probably not mixed. I should be more daring :)

I think the head to toe mixed patterns would be tough for anyone to pull off! Works for editorial though. I think it is just fun to try and integrate a couple funky, patterned pieces, though — just have a little fun with it. Try it out, why not?! :)

17. debbie 27. Jan, 2012 at 12:23 am #

love love love her hair!