Such A Tease

30 Mar

H&M straw hat, Forever21 jean jacket, Vince metallic sweater, asymmetrical skirt

Today felt like spring. It wasn’t hot and it wasn’t cold, but the sun was FINALLY shining! It’s about time I got to wear this new asymmetrical tissue skirt — the darn thing has been teasing me from my closet for weeks.

Figured I’d take in some UV rays after work and meet Blake by his office downtown. Snapped these photos (after a quick H&M trip) at a rooftop “park” just off Union Square. You’d never know it’s there…this city is full of secrets, and it’s days like today that make me fall in love with it all over again. <3

head to toe: H&M straw hat, F21 jean jacket, Vince metallic sweater, asymmetrical skirt c/o Need Supply, Alexander Wang bag, Jeffrey Campbell sandals

34 Lovely Comments on “Such A Tease”

1. kelly 05. Apr, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

love love love that skirt!

2. Elissa 04. Apr, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Hey Laura!

Great look! And I love those sandals; Jeffrey Campbell RULES! Where did you get them?

xo,
    Elissa

P.S. I saw Liz’s Twitpic of you and the BF singing Whole New World? OMG, you have GOT to be kidding me–you guys are SO FUN! I wish we go for multiple NY cocktails ALL time!

ahahah we were ridiculous/embarrassing. I wish we could too! That was super fun.

The sandals are from LF – got them there probably a year ago, but they may still be available online somewhere. Hope you had a good weekend! xx

3. Style with Benefits 04. Apr, 2011 at 2:41 am #

Adorable! Yes, I’m getting a 90′s vibe here too, which I love! The asymmetrical skirt is so unique!

xx, becs

4. Lainey 02. Apr, 2011 at 9:00 pm #

I’ve been wanting that hat for ages! You look so amazingly springy. Those shoes are fantastic.

5. Taylor 02. Apr, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

I absolutely love the skirt, and your new Wang bag is divine. It is already 100 degrees where I am, we pretty much skipped spring :(

Also, the Karen Walker’s from the previous post are fantastic

6. thisladybehaves 02. Apr, 2011 at 5:56 pm #

i love the skirt!

7. Emma at Daily Clothes Fix 02. Apr, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

I have just found your blog through CaliVintage and I love your style. I’m following you through Bloglovin. I love the colours here and your hat is amazing.

8. April 01. Apr, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

Lovely outfit…so cute and casual! The hat tops everything off nicely. And those pictures look amazing!

9. joAnn @ i'd rather be shopping 01. Apr, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

you look adorable in that hat! where is the park?! would love to go check it out…esp with this gorgeous weather!

xo,
    joAnn

10. Em 01. Apr, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

I don’t remember the last time I saw such amazing sandals!

Em
    mandemstyle.blogspot.com

11. Cara 01. Apr, 2011 at 10:44 am #

Beautiful photos! Love this outfit-the sweater is gorgeous and it looks great partly tucked…
    xo Cara

12. Elisabeth 01. Apr, 2011 at 9:16 am #

i love this hat on you! i need to get my butt down to H&M to see if they still have it. so fun meeting you last night. thanks for stopping by my blog, lady!

They should still have it! I just bought it on Wednesday and there were tons. Cheap too! :)

Great meeting you. xx

13. Ria 31. Mar, 2011 at 11:10 pm #

Great place to shoot, I absolutely love San Francisco.

14. jess 31. Mar, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

great outfit from head-to-toe,

that Need Supply skirt is pawsome-love everything on that site!
    jess s//LadyFlashback.com

Thank you!! Isn’t there stuff the greatest? I want like, everything! :)

15. Anna Jane 31. Mar, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

such a quintessential california outfit..i LOVE it. the hat looks fantastic on you :)

16. Britt+Whit 31. Mar, 2011 at 10:42 am #

cute! And we are finally getting sun in SF! LOVE IT! great outfit!

love from Nob Hill,

Britt+Whit

17. melissa 31. Mar, 2011 at 9:41 am #

you look faaabulous :) love the hat!

18. Fashnlvr 31. Mar, 2011 at 9:37 am #

This is really adorable! Your straw hat makes me think of summer. Glad you enjoyed the sun – it has been cloudy, cold and rainy here for days.
    Love the skirt! Is that a YSL ring you’re wearing?

Thank you!! I hope the weather gets better for you. And yes that is a YSL ring! It was a Xmas present from my boyfriend, Blake. :)

19. Margot 31. Mar, 2011 at 9:19 am #

LOVE this outfit!! You look so lovely. I especially like your hat. It’s so fun. I love hats but have a hard time getting ones that fit my head with all my hair lol. The sweater looks great with the skirt and really seems to make the dots on the skirt pop. Where is that little rooftop garden? I have lived here my whole life and never been there. So fun when you find new secret places in the city. Any plans of blogger meet-ups? Would love to catch up again soon.

Xo
    Margot

20. fashionablecollections 31. Mar, 2011 at 5:57 am #

Love the vintage metallic sweater! and those shoes are awesome as well.

21. Nita-Karoliina 31. Mar, 2011 at 4:36 am #

Perfect pair of shoes.

Great look again Laura!

22. I Don't Wear Jeans 31. Mar, 2011 at 4:11 am #

Nice!

23. Inês A. 31. Mar, 2011 at 3:46 am #

beautiful look

G.

24. vasilieva 31. Mar, 2011 at 12:33 am #

beautiful hat, gorgeous outfit
    x

25. Lauren 30. Mar, 2011 at 11:52 pm #

That is a great skirt!! I love your Alexander Wang bag as well.

Laurenlovestoshare

Thank you!! I got it at Barneys on super sale last year. Gotta love a good sale. :)

26. Dylana 30. Mar, 2011 at 11:40 pm #

I am so obsessed with all elements of this outfit. Everything works so good. So casual and fun and chic! I want to wear it right now! hehe

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

27. Alexandra G. 30. Mar, 2011 at 11:29 pm #

I love this look, and it certainly is VERY spring-like, so it’s great that you had such a perfect spring day as a backdrop! Love the mix of textures and how wearable and still chic the whole look is. Lovely as usual!

Alexandra xo

28. Amber's notebook 30. Mar, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

How cool!! I love this look. It has a dash of 90′s to it and I love it! The weather today was AMAZING!!! Will I be seeing you at the BR event tomorrow?

Thanks girl! I know, hasn’t it been wonderful the past couple days? Yes, I think I will be there tonight (hopefully!). xx