Not for sail

22 Aug

Can you believe this gorgeous background?! Blake’s family’s house is a block away from this charming little beach on Lido Island in Newport. I’d really like to live there when I “grow up”. We spent part of the day laying on the sand, and then caught the end of a sailboat race from one of the docks! What a wonderful weekend it was… *sigh*

*wearing LF tulle dress and corset, Mason Martin Margiela platforms

p.s. Had my eye on this dress at LF for a while but thought it had sold out. The amazing ladies who work there made my day with a surprise phone call to let me know they’d found one in my size! They’re the best staff ever… fun, stylish, oh so helpful. I <3 you LF San Francisco!

25 Lovely Comments on “Not for sail”

1. Michelle Elaine 27. Aug, 2010 at 8:14 am #

ah corset! this kinda looks like the one from topshop that ive been contemplating getting… love you in tulle!

KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

2. nikki 24. Aug, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

ahmazing pictures!

3. callusmesdemoiselles 24. Aug, 2010 at 6:55 am #

lovely dress! and the heels are awesome i want a pair like them

4. cindy 24. Aug, 2010 at 1:54 am #

i’m so glad that i found your blog… amazingly beautiful pictures!

i love newport (beach)… i sure do miss socal. what’s a trip is that i’m here in SF too. hehe

i love this dress! & i still have to visit the LF stores here… i’m amazed at how you can find nice places to take pics on rooftops. share the secrets! i’m definitely going to follow your blog… please feel free to visit mine & follow if you like.

i hope we can be friends! :]
    best wishes;
    cindy

5. WendyB 23. Aug, 2010 at 8:52 pm #

Bee-yooooo-ti-ful pictures.

6. Nicki 23. Aug, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

I love the bustier/corset style top of your dress! And the tulle layering in the skirt is gorgeous <3.

7. Abi 23. Aug, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

That’s a terrific dress. Love the different textures. And that is most definitely a beautiful place to pass the time. Glad you had fun

8. Fashionista on Tour 23. Aug, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

The entire outfit is lush! I love the dress and the background och well you live in heaven!

9. eat.sleep.wear. 23. Aug, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

um hiiii this is the best dress EVER. love the neutrals and that dock is like a dream. please bring me there right now!!!

xo, Kim http://www.eatsleepwear.com

10. Hotsy Malone 23. Aug, 2010 at 10:48 am #

Ok, you are just way too dang cute, the dress and shoes are fab as well! Gee, never thought I’d say this but those shots are making me miss LA! Been gone for 15 years now, here in the sultry, svetzie South, really nothing like the weather there for picture perfect summer afternoons at the beach, etc.

11. Rach is Ordinarily Urbane 23. Aug, 2010 at 9:52 am #

There is nothing better than having an insider at your favorite boutique! The LF here in New Orleans is definitely under-shopped, I need to start watching their sale calendar more closely.

Looking lovely and in such a beautiful place!

12. Alicia 23. Aug, 2010 at 9:50 am #

Oh I love that dress, I had my eyes on it awhile back too! And the girls at LF really are the best! xx

13. Sterling Style 23. Aug, 2010 at 8:45 am #

Stunning! I love the soft neutrals on you and such a beautiful location!

14. Anthea 23. Aug, 2010 at 2:12 am #

I am in love with that dress! Laura, you look stunning!

15. Michelle @ Glisters & Blisters . 22. Aug, 2010 at 11:35 pm #

i love the bustier detailing very much !
    the shoes are equally gorgeous !

take care and have a good weekend !
    GLISTERSandBLISTERS

16. Alexandra G. 22. Aug, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

Gorgeous photos, this outfit is so beautiful and that background is perfect for it! I love your shoes.

Love Alexandra

17. Lainey 22. Aug, 2010 at 10:39 pm #

That dress is phenomenal. I really should go into LF one of these days. I always feel like they have really great stuff.

18. Lynzy 22. Aug, 2010 at 8:17 pm #

You look so damn gorgeous in that corset dress! Rock it girl!

xo Lynzy

19. Marilyn-Jeaux 22. Aug, 2010 at 7:42 pm #

That corset looks as though it were made for that dress – soulthreads. It’s so effortless I thought you bought the dress that way. Beautiful background too. Looks like something out of a travel advertisement.

LF sales are the best too. I got a pair of 170 USD jeans for about 30 USD.

20. Emma 22. Aug, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

I LOVE LOVE that dress and those shoes ! Perfection !

21. Nicole O. 22. Aug, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

You look so gorgeous!

This is such a beautiful dress & I love how you paired it with the Mason Martin Margiela platforms.

22. kristen 22. Aug, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

that is a cool dress. i haven’t heard of lf. is it like h&m? must go sleuthing and find out more.
    i love those shoes a little bit more each time i see them with an outfit. they are too awesome.

Thanks!! LF is more of a small boutique type of store. It can be a little pricey but they have the best sales EVER! I get almost all of my clothes there, ha. xo

23. christina of profresh style 22. Aug, 2010 at 6:21 pm #

ya, I’m pretty sure you are SOO adorable. How gorgeous is that dress on you? You look so stunning with this background. We’ve got to hit up LF together! Although I don’t miss working for them, I definitely miss the sales lol.

See you soon ya?
    xx,
    Christina

There is a sale going on right now, too! We should totally go. And get a drink before/after! :)