Pink lipstick and ruffles

31 Aug

I gave in and bought Forever21′s wannabe Miu Miu’s. I’d have loved to splurge on the real thing but, well, $25 down is better than broke. They’re still pretty cute, no? Perhaps I’m just a sucker for sky-high heels!

I’ve been feeling ultra girly lately, which is slightly out of character — drawn to pink lipsticks and ruffles… that kind of thing. Figured I am a girl, after all, so I might as well embrace it! I must admit, there’s something strangely empowering about the makeup, mini skirt, and mary jane combo.

*wearing: H&M ruffle mini, Nasty Gal socks, F21 Mary Janes, vintage pearls

16 Lovely Comments on “Pink lipstick and ruffles”

1. Tashrin 08. Sep, 2010 at 6:20 am #

They look so cute [paired wth the lace socks and the slightly edgy dress. :) Great combination, wonder when/ if they will turn up here in Toronto.

2. Marilyn-Jeaux 03. Sep, 2010 at 6:30 pm #

I love them paired with the lace socks. They’re an awesome addiction fix and you can’t beat 25 bucks. This is kinda like a little girl all grown up outfit and it’s SUPER cute.

3. W 03. Sep, 2010 at 9:54 am #

your miu miu are divine ! and you look fabulous! check my profile maybe you`d like it and follow it.i follow you for sure

4. thehautepursuit 02. Sep, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

hey girl! i have those exact MJ’s coming in the mail! I’m so effing stoked! they look so amazing on you and that’s a huge compliment to F21. I want to like their shoes, but the quality in person most of the time is well….kinda lacking.
    Go buy a cape. they are so whimsical and it’s like every movement is exaggerated—hahah I LOVE it!
    V

5. Ruby 02. Sep, 2010 at 3:40 pm #

It might seem gauche, but I actually prefer the idea of the knockoffs to the real thing!
    You look hot!
    ~Ruby

6. Jony 02. Sep, 2010 at 9:13 am #

First time visiting your blog and I’m in love with your style. You have such a amazing shoe collection!!! To die for.

Following your blog dear.

7. Rebecca from See You in Sweden 01. Sep, 2010 at 6:34 pm #

You look great in these! When I first started scrolling, I thought this was a professional shoot of pictures that you were posting!!

8. Emma 01. Sep, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

Great Dress ! You are lucky to get your hands on those shoes ! From what I hear, they are selling out fast. Amazing Shoes !

9. Ashley 01. Sep, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

I love the forever 21 Miu Miu’s on you! I ordered them in black, to be delivered tomorrow – I can hardly wait! They’re so cute! Are they comfortable?

Thanks, girl! I wish I would have gotten them in black now – I think they’re all sold out! They aren’t the MOST comfortable shoes ever, but they’re not bad at all. Can’t wait to see them on you! xo

10. Becca 01. Sep, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

Great dress! And yes, those shoes are pretty cute!

11. ToVogueOrBust 01. Sep, 2010 at 11:36 am #

Absolutely love this look, and to be totally honest I would’ve never known those weren’t the actual Miu Mius. You look gorgeous as per usual!

Love Alexandra

12. eat.sleep.wear. 01. Sep, 2010 at 11:04 am #

girl these ruffles are HOT!! I freakin love this teeny little dress! I CANT WAIT TO SEE U IN NYC!

xo, Kim http://www.eatsleepwear.com

13. brookemeagan 01. Sep, 2010 at 10:05 am #

I’ve been eying up those Mary Janes for awhile now too. You’re not helping me with my self-control! They are so adorable and the ruffle mini is cute and sexy. Enjoy your day lovely!

14. kristen 01. Sep, 2010 at 8:49 am #

those are such killer knockoffs! if i could walk in ‘em, i’d so hit that. you look darling.

15. Amber's notebook 31. Aug, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

gosh darn you’re hot! I got those too, I can’t wait to receive mine!!