Kick back in Cargo

29 Aug

Spent a lovely Saturday with friends… running around the city, shopping, and… err… drinking. What that means is Blake and I are glued to the couch today watching Real Housewives re-runs. You know those days that center around deciding what unhealthy dinner to order in? Nothing beats a lazy Sunday!

I’ve been contemplating the J Brand cargos, but just can’t bring myself to spend $230 on pants I’ll be over in a couple months. These Blank NYC ones were the perfect solution at just $78! They’re comfy as can be to boot.

I’m counting down the days ‘til our New York trip! Cannot wait to see friends and go exploring. If you have a sec, I’d so appreciate it if you’d vote for my look in the Juicy/Chictopia contest! Lord knows I could use the extra dough for NY. If you don’t have an account you can login with facebook… just click the yellow star to the right of my photo. Thank you thank you! <3

Hope y’all had a good weekend! xo

*wearing: Blank NYC cargos, Jeffrey Campbell platforms, Nasty Gal top

16 Lovely Comments on “Kick back in Cargo”

1. Ria 07. Sep, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

Love the shoes but that’s a given. Good luck winning the contest!

2. emilie 31. Aug, 2010 at 11:32 am #

i love your top! nastygal def does it right all of the time…and your shoes are so cute and look comfy. great look!

3. Marilyn-Jeaux 31. Aug, 2010 at 6:49 am #

Those are perhaps one of the most flattering pair of cargos i’ve seen in a while. I love how you softened the rugged look of the cargos with a dainty lace top.

4. Rach is Ordinarily Urbane 30. Aug, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

I totally feel ya on the J Brands. My fave denim store here in NOLA is selling both those and the Blanks that you have on! Let me just say they look way better on you :) I’m still on the hunt for a good pair. Love the lace top with it!

Off to vote for you now! xo

5. Ambersnotebook.com 30. Aug, 2010 at 9:21 pm #

Love ‘em!! heading off to vote for you!

Ambersnotebook.com Reply:

Just voted! I loved that look when you first posted! And OMG thanks for adding me to your honor roll… I’m well, honored! lol

6. amber rae 30. Aug, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

love the shoes

7. Taylor 29. Aug, 2010 at 11:42 pm #

Voted! Great pants. I got a Zara version, but the crotch is way too… dropped. Yours are way better.

I think I saw those this weekend! They looked super cute to me. :)

Thanks for the vote!! xx

8. Alexandra G. 29. Aug, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

Love this outfit…the feminine top works so well with the “tougher” pants and shoes. You look stunning!

9. Emma 29. Aug, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

I Love those Cargos ! They remind me of some I have seen in the most recent Victorias Secret Catalog. The new skinny cargo !

10. kristen 29. Aug, 2010 at 5:33 pm #

those cargos are great! believe it or not, target’s got some cute ones (mossimo). good luck in the contest!

Oh, I LOVE target! I will have to go check them out. I wish there was one here is San Francisco — the closest one’s about 20 mins outside of the city. I have been wanting to go for weeks, though! :)

11. Fay 29. Aug, 2010 at 4:57 pm #

Great Find Laura! I have a feeling this trend is gonna stick around for a while! its just so versatile and comfy to disappear so fast! u look great btw!
    have a blast in NY!

12. Hannah 29. Aug, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

I love cargos to and I am facing the same problem! To buy some or not. But seeing them on you makes me want to go buy a pair. I love how you paired it with the lace and those wedges are amazing!

I say buy a pair! As much as I love the J Brands, they are pretty pricey though. There are plenty of J Brand-inspired ones out there that are ALMOST as cute and much more affordable!