Tourist trap

25 Jul

I have always been a lover of fanny packs… in my opinion they’ll never be out of style. Fanny packs are the perfect alternative to a heavy carryall – great for long days with lots of walking. Seriously… they are so practical!

We recently spent a lovely afternoon playing tourist in Fisherman’s Wharf -stuffing our faces with clam chowder, and fried fish… sipping away our hangovers with bloody marys. Didn’t I totally dress the part?!

(wearing: vintage Vivienne Westwood fanny pack, vintage Levi’s shorts, Nasty Gal lace top, Deena & Ozzy strapped sandals, Chanel sunglasses)

18 Lovely Comments on “Tourist trap”

1. Ruby 19. Aug, 2010 at 12:20 pm #

very cute.
    I want clam chowder.

2. Wrecked Stellar 27. Jul, 2010 at 8:53 pm #

Love the fanny pack, esp since it’s vintage Westwood! I really wanted this utilitarian belt/fanny pack awhile back, but didn’t act fast enough and have been on the lookout for a look-alike. And your dog is so fabulous!

3. ChiqueChic 27. Jul, 2010 at 3:33 pm #

Oh I love your sunglasses and wedges!! Very cute!

4. Anthea 27. Jul, 2010 at 2:24 am #

I love your look! So laid back yet very chic! You make moon bags (what they call fanny packs where I come from) look cool! :)

5. laura 26. Jul, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

i am seriously in love with those shoes, so cute!! and that is one of the most intriguing fanny packs ive ever seen. :) haha cant believe its vivienne!

CLOTHESURE

6. brit 26. Jul, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

ahhh those sunnies are toooo good! and i know, isn’t the LA swap meet magical? i’m sure there’s something comparable in SF, no?

b

7. Alexandra G. 26. Jul, 2010 at 11:25 am #

I love fanny packs, you should check out Hanneli’s page she is a fanny pack afficiando! Love the one you’re wearing.

8. eat.sleep.wear. 26. Jul, 2010 at 10:25 am #

ooo i love this look. it has a good mix of laid back but still sassy with the shoes and lacey top! great sunnies. and i want to pet ur doggieeee. SOOOO ADORBS!!

xo, Kim http://www.eatsleepwear.com

9. ellen 26. Jul, 2010 at 10:04 am #

OMG – Are they coming back – I probably just got rid of mine within the last couple of years!!!!! We need more notice! :-) xoxoxox

10. Style with Benefits 26. Jul, 2010 at 7:36 am #

Haha.. love it! I don’t think I could pull off the fanny pack like I used to as a youngin, but you are totally rocking it. Cute sunglasses too.

xx, becs

11. Kelly 26. Jul, 2010 at 4:54 am #

Amazing photos, and lovely outfit!

<3 Kelly

12. Sam / TWINCATVINTAGE.COM 26. Jul, 2010 at 12:23 am #

Oh I certainly do love “fanny packs” but not everyone can pull one off with the ease you do! It just works! =)

13. JL 25. Jul, 2010 at 11:30 pm #

i need those boots now!

xxJLhttp://joannaladrido.blogspot.com

14. Janette 25. Jul, 2010 at 10:07 pm #

You make anything look good — but I am with you 100% on the fanny pack. Bring it!

15. Emma 25. Jul, 2010 at 10:01 pm #

I Love the lace top ! The fanny pack is practical, I think it is cool that it is a Vivienne Westwood Fanny Pack : )

16. Lynzy 25. Jul, 2010 at 8:46 pm #

You totally just reintroduced the fanny pack! I usually am NOT a fan, but darn girl… looks great on you ;)

xo Lynzy

17. Lucia 25. Jul, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

I’m not a big fan of fanny packs but you look suuuper cute! Love everything about this outfit, and I have to agree with your “fanny pack theory” they are very very practical!
    And Lola looks fabulous!!! ;)

18. christina of profresh style 25. Jul, 2010 at 8:20 pm #

ohh if you like fanny packs, I have an awesome vendor who carries THEE BEST ONES..but I have to figure out the name cuz yes, I forgot lol. When I remember, I’ll text/email you. There are amazing.

This look is fantastic..loving the pooch & the sunnies<3.

xx.