Queens of the keystroke

29 Apr

Last night I attended “Fashion Tweet-Up” – a speaking event that was hosted by the San Francisco Fashion & Merchant’s Alliance. Blake and I had a few minutes to kill after work, so before diving into the discussion, we frolicked around the Financial District for a bit and stopped in at Cosmopolitans for, well, cosmopolitans. Let’s face it – there’s nothing like a stiff mixed drink to ease the butterflies…

(from L to R, the bloggers behind Clipta, J,Crewaholics, The Chic Spy, The Curvy Fashionista, The Coveted, OnTheRacks, Calivintage, Modelina Michele)

The panel was held at the giant that is One Market (across from the Ferry Building), and the focus was how blogging and technology are influencing the fashion landscape. Shockingly enough, I was asked to be on the panel a few weeks prior… to say I was in good company would be a drastic understatement!

It was a joy seeing Marie of the Curvy Fashionista, and meeting Jennine of The Coveted and Erin of Calivintage was a true pleasure. Everyone on the panel was so sweet and willing to share their unique experiences and insights into the world of fashion blogging.  The audience posed some great questions and I definitely picked up a few good ideas for OnTheRacks along the way.  While I am relieved to have the panel discussion behind me (I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t freakishly nervous), it was a great experience and quite an honor for a newbie like me!

*Wearing: Zara buttondown, LF vest, Alice + Olivia velvet leggings, St. Eve handcuff necklace, Jeffrey Campbell clogs via the Holy Closet

11 Lovely Comments on “Queens of the keystroke”

1. Family Law Attorneys 12. May, 2014 at 10:06 pm #

Thank you for any other informative site. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect means? I have a project that I am just now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

2. Natalie 06. May, 2010 at 11:23 pm #

Way to go, Laura! You are in the best of company :)

3. Vida 01. May, 2010 at 6:49 am #

What a great experience for you, meeting other bloggers you admire and sharing your blogging experience!

4. LateAfternoon 30. Apr, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

You’re so cute, I love your blue leggings/pants.

5. Angel 30. Apr, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

Hello Laura,

It was so nice to meet you at Fashion Tweet Up. You all were so informative! I plan on starting a blog but still in the works of my branding and content. I would love for you to check out my blog once it’s up and running. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to following you and seeing all bright ideas and news! ^_^

Take care,
    Angel

6. Corks + Caftans 30. Apr, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

YES! This is AMAZING. a. blue velvet. incredible. Steven Tyler would worship at your feet, and that is a good thing. b. you met The Coveted! Holy awesome!

Congrats on this. So thrilled to see bloggers I love getting some time to shine! You’ve been getting a lot of it lately—very well deserved!

-Carey
    .-= Corks + Caftans´s last blog ..Bring back the Dough-boy! {updated! For real!} =-.

7. Therese 30. Apr, 2010 at 6:16 am #

Laura
    It has been so much fun following your adventures. Love your creative writing and style.

8. ellen 30. Apr, 2010 at 5:44 am #

You are the best —– you are really going places!!!!! You will soon be THE resource for fashion commentary! xoxo

9. Christina of Profresh Style 30. Apr, 2010 at 3:05 am #

you look adorable. those leggings are hot shit. hope the panel went well. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it but I heard it went well. ps. i forgot to ask you but did you work for LF before?

xx.
    Christina

Thank you!! =)
    No, I never worked for LF, but I can see why you might think that! There is a store a block and a half from my house, so it’s kind of become my go-to shopping spot. And they have really great sales 2x per year so I stock up!

Christina of Profresh Style Reply:

lol, oh well I used to manage the store in Santa Monica, down south lol. LF is an old employer. And yes, there sales are amazing