If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em…

19 Apr

Monday nights just don’t seem complete without my trashy television fix. Since I came home to find that Gossip Girl was a re-run this week, I figured I’d dedicate my evening blog post to the 4 ladies that make it all happen. While the show isn’t quite what it used to be, my love for the girls behind the gossip has only grown stronger…

/></a></p>
<p style= /></a></p>
<p style= /></a></p>
<p style= /></a></p>
<p style=This may sound silly, but I like to take style inspiration from each of these characters from time to time. They’ve nailed every look – from rock’n’roll edgy to classic prep – so no matter what mood I’m in there’s always a gossip girl I can channel. Yes, silly indeed, but you know you find yourself relating to them too….right?

Which Gossip Girl character most represents your style?

13 Lovely Comments on “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em…”

1. Criminal Justice 12. May, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

you are actually a good webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a fantastic process on this subject!

2. hellektrik 01. May, 2010 at 8:52 am #

I think Vanessa’s style represents me but I think that Jenny’s style is just amazing !
    .-= hellektrik´s last blog ..Annecy Part 1 =-.

3. Hannah 27. Apr, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

Definitely Blair! Her style in Season 3 hasn’t been quite up to par, but her look in the first two seasons were flawless. It’s crazy how much one TV character can influence my style, but I don’t think I would have developed the preppy/girly style to the degree I did if I hadn’t seen Gossip Girl.

4. Zoe 26. Apr, 2010 at 9:59 pm #

I totally agree, I find myself to be inspired by all the leading ladies at some point or another.
    Great blog!! So glad I stumbled upon it. :)

x
    Zoe

5. Vida 21. Apr, 2010 at 7:27 pm #

I don’t know the characters, but I like the bottom one. She looks fun and gorgeous!

6. Paola Loves To Shop 21. Apr, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

Gossip girl is such a guilty pleasure of mine!!! I’d say I’m a cross between Vanessa & Little J. I <3 Blair the most!!
    .-= Paola Loves To Shop´s last blog ..Music Monday: Broken Social Scene – Forgiveness Rock Record =-.

7. Daina 20. Apr, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

I’d like to think I’m Little J. I can’t stand her on the show but without her style to admire, I would feel a little empty inside.

8. tara 20. Apr, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

Shit. I’ve never watched this show. Is there a mom on it who drinks in the bathroom with the door locked. I guess that would be me. But I do like that first picture with all that eyeliner. I’m on eyeliner overload lately, when I wash it off at night, I let it smear a lot first and then I do zombie arms and stumble around to scare my husband.
    .-= tara´s last blog ..I Don’t Want to Think About Thorn Crowns When I’m Shopping =-.

9. Becca 20. Apr, 2010 at 7:09 am #

They are styled impeccably for the show, I agree. I think that the only one out of the four whose style is something you’d never see in my wardrobe is Jenny’s, but the other three all have a place.

stylewylde Reply:

In my heart I am a Blair, in reality more of a little J!

10. Megan 19. Apr, 2010 at 9:49 pm #

I cannot objectivley comment on this one since I have a deep, burning passionate hatred for Little J. She may be a cool rock and roller but I can’t see past the greasy extensions, eyerolling and general douchey behaviors she holds so dear. On a much lighter note (who knew one could get so worked up over a fictional tv character?) I have mad love for the other girls’ style. I am no S, B or V but I do try to take a bit here and there from each of them for my own wardrobe. Love the photos you chose. S reminds me of Carrie in Paris waiting for Petrovski in Season 6. Gorg.

yvo Reply:

i hate lil j too xD isnt she so cunning n so full of herself!! my fav is B definitely! love your blog!

11. Lisa 19. Apr, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

jenny duh!! she’s so fierce